Apex North Carolina Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Apex Family History Center, located behind the Raleigh North Carolina Temple, serves the towns of Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina, Morrisville, and nearby surrounding areas.
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 590 Bryan Dr Apex NC 27502 United States
- The FHC is located in the rear of the Church building where there is plenty of parking.
- Language: English / Spanish
Phone: (919) 303-2012
Open Hours (effective March 15, 2020):
- Tuesday: Temporary Closed
- Wednesday: Temporary Closed
- Thursday: Temporary Closed
- Friday: Temporary Closed
- Saturday: Temporary Closed
To schedule an appointment for use of the Center, please contact your branch or ward family history consultant, or email the Center's Lead Consultant at: NC_Apex@familyhistorymail.org . You may also call: (919) 303-2012 to speak directly with staff during Center hours, or leave a voicemail message.
Holiday Schedule and Closings (please note our summer closure for July 2018):
- Closed on days the Wake County Schools are closed due to severe weather conditions
- Closed on all National Holidays
- Closed from July 1, 2018 through July 16, 2018
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving
- Closed 2 weeks at Christmas (the week of Christmas and the following week)
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
To arrange special training for a group or individual, call the Center during regular hours; after hours, leave a voicemail message, or email NC_Apex@familyhistorymail.org .
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
A variety of local genealogy books
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment [edit | edit source]
- 8 patron computers
- 3 microfilm readers
- 1 microfilm copier (makes digital copies in addition to printouts)
- 1 flatbed scanner
- 1 photocopier with integrated scanner
- 2 printers
Center Services[edit | edit source]
We offer one-on-one sessions on various topics.
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
- Raleigh Family History Center 5060 Six Forks Rd Raleigh, NC 27609 919-783-7752
- Durham Family History Center 1050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd Chapel Hill, NC 919-967-0988
- Olivia Raney Public Library 9016 Carya Drive Raleigh, NC 919-250-1196
- North Carolina State Archives & Library 109 East Jones Street Raleigh, NC Archive Search Room: 919-807-7310 State Library/Genealogy: 919-807-7460
Note: The Apex FHC is only about 10 miles from the North Carolina State Archives and the Olivia Raney Library in Raleigh.
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
- Need additional help on most shifts
- Teach patron classes
Please contact NC_Apex@familyhistorymail.org if you are interested in volunteering or have questions.
For help and guidelines for editing this page, see the Adding details to a FHC page article.