Apex North Carolina Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Apex Family History Center, located behind the Raleigh North Carolina Temple, serves the towns of Cary, Apex, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina, Morrisville, and nearby surrounding areas.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 590 Bryan Dr Apex NC 27502 United States
- The FHC is located in the rear of the Church building where there is plenty of parking.
- Language:English / Spanish
- Tuesdays: 10:00am-1:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursday: 6:30pm-8:30pm
- Fridays: 10:00am-1:00pm
- Saturdays: first and second Saturdays 9:00am-12:00pm
Classes and instruction held on Wednesday evenings. Contact for more information.
Holiday Schedule and Closings:
- Closed on days the Wake County Schools are closed due to severe weather conditions
- Closed on all National Holidays
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving
- Closed 2 weeks at Christmas (the week of Christmas and the following week)
Calendar and Events
Center will be closed November 11, 2017 for a Scout activity, sorry for the short noticed.
Discovery Day - On October 28 was well attended, if you were not able to participate or would like to see a class in greater detail, please contact us.
Staff Training Meetings - Wednesdays
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 patron computers
- 3 microfilm readers
- 1 microform copier (makes digital copies in addition to printouts)
- 1 flatbed scanner
- 1 photocopier
- 2 printers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Apex FHC is only about 10 miles from the North Carolina State Archives and the Olivia Raney Library in Raleigh.