Antuco, Biobío, Chile Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Commune of Antuco ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
- Historically, the Pehuenche people occupied what now is like the commune of Antuco.
- In 1689, a hacienda called La Cantera was established, and over the years, the name was extended to the entire area.
- In 1756 the Villa de Antuco was created.
- In 1820 and 1835 the eruption of the Antuco volcano had a devastating effect on the whole area.
- On October 26, 1979, the commune of Antuco was created.
- It has a population of approximately 4,000 people. .
- Registros civiles, 1885-1932 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Registros parroquiales, 1840-1905 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Cementerio Parroquial Antuco
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Antuco" In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antuco. Visited 28 March 2017.