Antofagasta, Antofagasta, Chile Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Commune of Antofagasta ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
- The city of Antofagasta was founded by the Bolivian government in 1868.
- In 1879, as part of the War of the Pacific, Chilean military forces occupied the Bolivian port of Antofagasta to prevent the auctioning of the mining properties of Chilean capital. The peace treaty of 1874 was annulled and the Pacific War began.
- With the treaty of 1904 Antofagasta was Chilean. Many Chileans grew, especially from the provinces of Norte Chico. Immigrants arrived from Europe too.
- The commune of Antofagasta has a population of approximately 381,000 people.
- Chile Civil Registration, 1885-1903 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Registros civiles, 1910-1932 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Registros parroquiales, 1871-1908 Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- General Cemetery of Antofagasta
Address: Av. Andrés Sabella Gálvez 3250
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Antofagasta," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antofagasta . Visited 14 November 2017.