Anstill's Battery, Tennessee Heavy Artillery
From FamilySearch Wiki
Captain Thomas B. Austell's Battery served as Company B, Artillery Corps. 
The book "Units of the Confederate States Army" by Joseph H. Crute, Jr. contains no history for this unit
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Tennessee in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Tennessee in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Tennessee, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Wright, Marcus Joseph, Tennessee in the War, 1861-1865; lists of military organizations and officers from Tennessee in both the Confederatre and Union armies; general staff officers of the provisional army of Tennessee, appointed by Govenor Isham G. Harris, (Williamsbridge, New York City, A. Lee Publishing Company, 1908), List of Artillery Officers CSA, (accessed 31 Dec 2011).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).