American Fork Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The American Fork Family History Center supports the following Stakes: American Fork, American Fork West, American Fork Central and Hillcrest. The Family History Center is open to the public, who are invited to use the resources free of charge.
Anyone interested in learning more about their family history, including doing research to find ancestors, are welcome and encouraged to come to the center. The Center is open to the public. We welcome all!
Please sign in at the computer at the front desk when arriving. At the end of your visit we ask that you please sign out also. We are tracking the number of temple ordinances prepared on this same computer. Temple and Family History Consultants can help you with this process.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 ***SPECIAL NOTICE ***
- 3 DUE TO THE TABERNACLE RENOVATION, THIS CENTER WILL BE CLOSED BEGINNING JUNE 26TH, 2017.
- 4 AN ANTICIPATED REOPENING DATE WILL BE LATE FALL 2018.
- 5 UPDATES WILL BE POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE.
- 6 Schedule: 2017 - 2018
- 7 Training
- 8 Class Schedule
- 8.1 Staff Training Meetings
- 8.2 Center Resources
- 8.3 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
***SPECIAL NOTICE ***
DUE TO THE TABERNACLE RENOVATION, THIS CENTER WILL BE CLOSED BEGINNING JUNE 26TH, 2017.
AN ANTICIPATED REOPENING DATE WILL BE LATE FALL 2018.
UPDATES WILL BE POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE.
- 110 E Main St American Fork UT 84003 United States
- Use the doors on the east side of the Tabernacle. Enter on the lower level.
Stake FHC Consultant - Director
- LaDawn J. Carter
- Assistant - Bruce E. Carter
- Sunday: 4:30pm - 7pm (Closed Fast Sunday, 1st Sunday)
- Monday: 9am - 5pm
- Tuesday: 9am - 9pm
- Wednesday: 9am - 5pm
- Thursday: 9am - 5pm
- Friday: 9am - 5pm
- Saturday: Closed
Schedule: 2017 - 2018
- CLOSED DURING TABERNACLE RENOVATION, JULY 1 - Fall 2018
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Windows 7 Desktop Computers (22)
- Lexmark Model: MS510dn - Laser Printer (1)
- Lexmark Model: T652dn - Laser Copier (B&W only) (2)
- Cannon Model: CanoScan LIDE 60 - Flatbed scanner (1)
- Konica Minolta Model: MS6000 MKII - Digital Microfilm/Fiche Scanner (1)
- Northwest Microfilm 2020 Readers (2)
- Video Projector, Sony Model VPL-CS7(1)
- USB Floppy Disk Drive Unit (3 1/2" Disk) (1)
- Both wired and wireless internet is available in the building. Personal laptops are welcome.
Staff Research Specialties
Our volunteers can help with questions about FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, the FamilySearch Research Wiki and other online resources.
We can help you get started with FamilySearch Indexing.
Resources in the Local Area
Family History Websites
Volunteer at the Center
We are looking for individuals with computer skills and that are familiar with FamilySearch.org and Family History.
Please contact the temple and family history consultant - center for further information.
LaDawn J. Carter at 801-361-0293 or Bruce Carter at 801-361-2711.