Amberley, Gloucestershire Genealogy
Guide to Amberley, Gloucestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Stroud|
|Parish registers: 1837|
|Bishop's Transcripts: None|
|Diocese||Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Gloucestershire Record Office|
HAMPTON, MINCHIN (Holy Trinity), a market town and parish, in the union of Stroud, hundred of Longtree, E. division of the county of Gloucester,14 miles (S.) from Gloucester, and 100 (W.) from London. Minchin-Hampton has been divided, ecclesiastically,into three parishes; namely, Minchin-Hampton, including the town, with the hamlets of Box, Forwood, and Holcombe, and Amberley, including the hamlets of Littleworth, Theescombe, and St. Cloe, and Brimscombe, including the hamlets of Chalford, Hyde, Burley, Brimscombe, and Cowcombe. Here are places of worship for Baptists and Wesleyans. 
Amberley, Gloucestershire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (Ancestry) - (£)|
|Amberley, Gloucestershire Genealogy Online Records|
Online Parish Clerks
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
Maps and Gazetteers
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 391-396. Date accessed: 31 December 2012.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 22 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Marriages, 1754-1938,' Ancestry, accessed 20 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 24 June 2016.