Ambato, Catamarca, Argentina Genealogy
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guide to Department of Ambato ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
History[edit | edit source]
- In the year 1600, Nuño Rodríguez Beltrán settled in the town of La Puerta and from there began its settlement.
- The territorial land belonged jurisdictionally to the then department of Piedra Blanca, today called Fray Mamerto Esquíú.
- The legislature of the province of Catamarca decreed a law in 1869 by which divided the department of Piedra Blanca into three departmental sections: Piedra Blanca, Ambato, and Paclín.
- The department of Ambato has a population of approximately 4,400 people. 
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
- There are no records for the department of Ambato.
Census Records[edit | edit source]
- 2º Censo Nacional, 1895 : Ambato (Departamento), Catamarca - Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
Cemeteries[edit | edit source]
Municipalities[edit | edit source]
- El Rodeo
- La Puerta
- Las Juntas
- Los Varela
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Departamento Ambato," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Departamento_Ambato. Visited October 23, 2017.