Amatitlán, Guatemala, Guatemala Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Municipality of Amatitlán ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
- When the Spanish conquered the Guatemalan territory, Amatitlán was an important poqomam settlement.
- Amatitlán was one of the original municipalities of the State of Guatemala that was founded in 1825.
- On November 6, 1839, it was decreed that Amatitlán form an independent district.
- According to the decree of the Executive of May 8, 1866, the district changed its name and its category amounted to department, so it became the department of Amatitlán.
- By decree in 1935, the department of Amatitlán was abolished and it was changed to municipality.
- The municipality of Amatitlán has a population of approximately 125,000 people
- Registros civiles, 1877-1934 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Guatemala, Guatemala, Amatitlán, registro civil – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Registros parroquiales, 1679-1937 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Padrones de Guatemala : San Juan Amatitán – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Cementerio General de Amatitlán
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Amatitlán (Guatemala)," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amatitl%C3%A1n_(Guatemala). Visited 17 July 2017.