Alotenango, Sacatepéquez, Guatemala Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Municipality of Alotenango ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
- At the beginning of the sixteenth century the Spanish conquerors discovered the first settlement of Alotenango about three or four kilometers from their current settlement.
- After the Independence of Central America in 1821 the town of Alotenango was incorporated into the circuit of Antigua.
- The municipality of Alotenango has a population of approximately 16,000 people
- Registros civiles, 1877-1943 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Registros parroquiales, 1737-1945 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Registros parroquiales, 1826-1902 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Padrones de Guatemala : padrón de San Juan Alotenango, 1741 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Cementerio, Alotenango
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Alotenango," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alotenango. Visited 8 September 2017.