Albert Square Free Presbyterian Church--Dundee Angus Parish -282
Gives a history of the church, the source where the information was taken from, record type with range of years, and notes where the records are held.
The congregation came out in 1843. They built a church in Tay Square. They found themselves in difficulties because of the great cost of the new building. The Town Council bought the building and worship was resumed in the Long Wynd Church, the charge being reduced to a station. In 1854 sanction was restored. A new church was built and opened in 1869.
- 1848, 90
- 1900, 402
Annals of the Free Church of Scotland, 1843–1900, ed. Rev. William Ewing, D.D., 2 vols. pub. 1914. Film #918572. More details may be given in the source.
- Various Minutes 1844–1890
Note:Available at the National Archives of Scotland, Edinburgh, record CH3/322.