Albemarle County, North Carolina Genealogy
The four precincts of Shaftesbury/Chowan, Currituck, Pasquotank, and Berkeley/Perquimans had been carved out of Albemarle by October 1668. By 1669 the original Albemarle County had ceased to exist.
Also, for a brief period from about 1680 to the mid-1680s the Pasquotank Precinct was changed to Albemarle Precinct (not to be confused with the much larger Albemarle County), but the precinct residents preferred Pasquotank, so it was changed back.
- Historical Albemarle County, NCGenWeb
- Online Probate - Higher Court Records 1670-1696 North Carolina Pioneers ($)
- "Albemarle County, North Carolina" in Counties of North Carolina at http://www.carolana.com/NC/Counties/albemarle_county_nc.html (accessed 3 January 2011).
- "Pasquotank County, North Carolina" in Counties of North Carolina at http://www.carolana.com/NC/Counties/pasquotank_county_nc.html (accessed 3 January 2011).
- "North Carolina Time Line" in Kindred Roots Genealogical Society at http://www.kindredroots.com/NC/nc_counties.htm (accessed 3 January 2011).