Albania Census, 1930 (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Albania, Census, 1930
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the Albanian Republic|
|Title in the Language:||Censusi i Shqipërisë 1930|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me?
- 3 Collection Content
- 4 How Do I Search This Collection?
- 5 What Do I Do Next?
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What is in This Collection?
This collection will include indexes from 1930 from Southern Albania. These records are mostly from Vlorë County, but records from Gjirokastër County and Elbasan County are also included. These records were filmed at the Central States Archives of Albania in Tirana.
Reading These Records
These records are written mostly in Albanian, though there may be some Greek as well. For help with reading the records, see the following guides:
- Omniglot: Albanian Language and Alphabet
- Albania Language and Languages
- Greek Genealogical Word List
Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Albania, Census, 1930.|
What Can These Records Tell Me?
Census Records include:
- Full name
- Parents' names
- Relationship to head of household
- Birth date and place
- Marital status and marriage date
- Immigration or emigration date and place
- Death date
- Literacy skills
- Physical information
How Do I Search This Collection?
Before searching, it is best to know the following:
- Name of the person
- Names of another member of the household
As you search, look for a record which matches this information.
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page
- Select County
- Select District
- Select Town or Village to view the images.
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Albania Census, 1930. Click on camera icon to see images.|
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking For, What Now?
- Copy down all the information from the record
- Cite the record; see below for help citing this records in this collection
- Use the information to find parents, siblings
I Can't Find the Person I'm Looking For, What Now?
- When looking for an individual with a common name, look at all the search results before deciding which is the correct person. Use other information, such as place of birth, age, occupation, or names of parents, to help with this decision
- Try variations of given names and surnames. A person might have been listed under a middle name, nickname, or abbreviation of their given name
- Vary the search terms. For example, expand the date range or search by either the given name or surname to return a broader list search results
- Search the records of nearby locations
- Consult the Albania Record Finder to find other records
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
"Albania, Census, 1930" Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 14 June 2016. Citing Central States Archives of Albania, Tirana.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.