Acatenango, Chimaltenango, Guatemala Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Municipality of Acatenango ancestry, family history and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, church records, parish registers, and civil registration.
- After the conquest of Guatemala by the Spaniards, two types of settlements were established: the reductions and the doctrines- where the conquered Indians were taken to work in the repartimientos or on the lands of the regular clergy, and in the populations of Spanish and Creole.
- After the Independence of Central America, Acatenango was in the circuit of Chimaltenango.
- The municipality of Acatenango has a population of approximately 23,000 people..
- Registros civiles, 1877-1930 -Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Registros civiles, 1886-1931 -Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Registros parroquiales, 1789-1928- Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Padrones de Guatemala : San Antonio Acatenango, 1780 – Click on the link to see the records’ availability.
- Cementerio de Acatenango
- Wikipedia Collaborators, "Acatenango," In Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acatenango_(Guatemala) . Visited 01 December 2017