62nd Regiment, Tennessee Mounted Infantry (Rowan's) (80th Infantry)
62nd Regiment, Tennessee Mounted Infantry (Rowan's) (80th Infantry)(also called 80th Regiment) was assembled in October, 1862. During the spring of 1865 it disbanded. 
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Company A - Captain Nathaniel Atkinson - Men from Bradley County.
- Company B - Captain Phillip L. Bible
- Company C - Captain Will A. Mayo - Men from Monroe County.
- Company D - Captain Robert C. Rowan - Men from Monroe County.
- Company E - Captain William F. Lowrey - Men from Bradley and Polk Counties.
- Company F - Captains James G. Blair, Jonathan Crye - Men from Roane County.
- Company G - Captain W.W. Grubb - Men from Monroe County.
- Company H - Captains Calvin A. Gurley, Samuel Henley
- Company I - Captain William H. Smith (to major)
- Company K - Captain Joshua Holcomb 
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Tennessee in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Tennessee in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Tennessee, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Lindsley, John B. The Military Annals of Tennessee: Confederate, First Series; Embracing a Review of Military Operations, with Regimental Histories and Memorial Rolls, Compiled from Original and Official Sources. 1886. Reprint. Spartanburg, South Carolina: Reprint Co., 1974. (Family History Library book 976.8 M2L.) Digital versions at Ancestry ($); Internet Archive. Memorial rolls of the 62nd Tennessee Infantry begin on page 583.
- Tennesseans in the Civil War, 62nd Tennessee Infantry Regiment, (accessed 22 Oct 2011).
- 62nd Regiment, Tennessee Mounted Infantry (Rowan's) (80th Infantry), (accessed 31 Dec 2011). Roster of Companies, C.D, G, H, K.
- 62nd Regiment Tennessee Infantry, Company I, CSA, (accessed 22 Oct 2011).
- The Sixty-second Tennessee (Confederate) Regiment, a brief history, (accessed 29 Dec 2011).
- Civil War Records, Bradley County, Tennessee, (accessed 26 Feb 2012). Resources available at the Cleveland Public Library. Military Records of Union and Confederate Soldiers from Bradley County (microfilm), Confederate Regiments: 62nd (Rowman's) Tenn. Infantry Regiment (later Mounted) and 80th (Rowan's) Tenn. Infantry Regiment.