60th Regiment, Ohio Infantry
The 60th Regiment, Ohio Infantry mustered in February to April, 1864 at Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio. They were mustered out July 28, 1865 at Washington, District of Columbia. 
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- The Civil War Archive section, 60th Regiment Infantry (Reorganized), (accessed 30 August 2012).
- Larry Stevens' Ohio in the Civil War, 60th Ohio Infantry
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Field and Staff Officers - See Roster
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Ohio in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Ohio in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Ohio, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).
- InternetArchive Allen, Frank M. "History of Fayette County, Ohio her people, industries and institutions with biographical sketches of representative citizens and genealogical records of old families".(1914 by B. F. Bowen &amp; Company, Inc., Indianapolis, Ind)
- Grace Hildy Croft, The History of Clark County, Ohio (Evansville, Indiana: Unigraphic 1972).
- Frank M. Allen, History of Fayette County, Ohio (Indianapolis: B.F. Bowen 1914).