41st Regiment, Pennsylvania Volunteers, 12th Reserves
The men in this Regiment was organized August , 1861. The Regiment was mustered out June 11, 1864.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Field and Staff Officers - See Roster
Company A - Men recruited at Philadelphia, Philadelphia County - See Roster
Company B - Men recruited in Wyoming County - See Roster
Company C - Men recruited in Bradford County - See Roster
Company D - Men recruited in Dauphin County - See Roster
Company E - Also known as the "Easton Guards" . Men recruited in Northumberland - See Roster
Company F - Men recruited in Westmoreland County - See Roster
Company G - Men recruited in York County - SeeRoster
Company H - Men recruited in Indiana County - See Roster
Company I - Men recruited in Huntingdon County - See Roster
Company K - Men recruited in Franklin County - See Roster
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Pennsylvania in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Pennsylvania in the Civil War describes many sources, specifically for Pennsylvania, and how to find them. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc. ;
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- PaRoots gives a history of this regiment and lists rosters for each company. It also gives additional references and links to other material.
- Hardin, M. D. "History of the Twelfth Regiment, Pennsylvania Reserve Volunteer Corps (41st Regiment of the Line) From Its Muster into the United States Service, August 10, 1861, to Its Muster Out, June 11th, 1864, Together with Biographical Sketches of Officers and Men and a Complete Muster-Out Roll". (New York: The author, 1890). FHL Fiche 6083990 Google Books.