3rd Battalion, Enrolled Missouri Milita (Union)
3rd Battalion, Enrolled Missouri Militia was enrolled between 26 October 1861 and 26 October 1861.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Company A - Captain John Penger - St. Joseph, Buchanan, Missouri.
Company B - Captain William Drumhiller - St. Joseph,Buchanan, Missouri.
Company C - Captain Peter Joseph - St Joesph,Buchanan, Missouri.
Company D - Captain Daniel D. David - St. Joseph, Buchanan, Missouri.
The above information about the companies with partial rosters is found in Kenneth E. Weant's book, Civil War Records Missouri Enrolled Militia Infantry, Volume 13 
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding in formation about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Missouri in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Missouri in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Missouri, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Kenneth E. Weant, Civil War Records Missouri Enrolled Militia Infantry Regiments, Volume 13 (Arlington Texas : K.E. Weant, c2009), pages 60-64. FHL book 977.8 M2wka v.2