1st Regiment, Tennessee Cavalry (Confederate)
The 22nd Regiment, Tennessee Cavalry (Barteau's) originally and often called 2nd Regiment, was organized in June, 1862, by consolidating the 1st and 7th Tennessee Cavalry Regiments. February, 1865.
"Units of the Confederate States Army" by Joseph H. Crute, Jr. contains no history for this unit. 
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Tennessee in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Tennessee in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Tennessee, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Carter, W. R. (William Randolph). History of the First Regiment of Tennessee Volunteer Cavalry in the great War of the Rebellion : with the armies of the Ohio and Cumberland, under Generals Morgan, Rosecrans, Thomas, Stanley and Wilson 1862-1865. (Kingsport, Tennessee : Dan Crowe, [198-?]) FHL Book 976.8 M2c and (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1990), FHL fiche 6082661
- Wright, Marcus Joseph, Tennessee in the War, 1861-1865; lists of military organizations and officers from Tennessee in both the Confederatre and Union armies; general staff officers of the provisional army of Tennessee, appointed by Govenor Isham G. Harris, (Williamsbridge, New York City, A. Lee Publishing Company, 1908), (accessed 31 Dec 2011). Online book at Internet Archive. See page 85 for the list of field officers, regiments and battalions in the Confederate States Army Cavalry.