182nd Regiment, Ohio Infantry
The 182nd Regiment, Ohio Infantry was organized at Camp Chase, Ohio, August 4 to October 13, 1864. They were mustered out July 7, 1865.
For more information on the history of this unit, see:
- Larry Stevens' Ohio in the Civil War, 182nd Ohio Infantry
- The Civil War Archive section, 182nd Regiment Infantry, (accessed 6 September 2012).
- Ohio Civil War Central, 182nd Regiment Volunteer Infantry, (accessed 26 October 2016).
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Ohio in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Ohio in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Ohio, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).
- Thomas Mikesell, The County of Fulton: a history of Fulton County, Ohio, from the earliest days (Evansville, Indiana: Whipporwill Publications, 1905). p. 82.
- Charles Robertson, History of Morgan County Ohio, with portraits and biographical sketches of some of its pioneers and prominent men (Chicago: L.H. Watkins & Co, 1886).
- William Brothers, History of Franklin and Pickaway Counties, Ohio (Indiana: Unigraphic, 1974). p. 140.
- Nelson W. Evans and Emmons B. Stivers, History of Adams County, p. 355. https://familysearch.org/search/catalog/2568501