15th Virginia Regiment (Revolutionary War)
The 15th Virginia Regiment was formed in February 1777. Companies recruited men from Chesterfield, Brunswick, Southampton, King William, Nansemond, Princess Anne, Isle of Wight, Surry, Sussex, Westmoreland, Northumberland, Richmond, and Norfolk Boro counties. Field officers at Valley Forge were Colonel David Mason, Lt. Colonel James Jones, and Major Gustavus Wallace. 
- 1776-1778 - Colonel David Mason in command 12 Nov 1776 to 31 Jul 1778
- 1778-1778 - Colonel Abraham Buford in command 15 May 1778 to 14 Sep 1778 
- 1st Company - Captain John Gregory - many men from Nansemond County
- 2nd Company - Captain William Grimes - many men from Princess Anne County
- 3rd Company - Captain James Gray - men from unknown origin
- 4th Company - Captain Samuel Smith - men from unknown origin
- 5th Company - Captain William Johnston - men from unknown origin
- 6th Company - Captain James Mason - many men from Brunswick County
- 7th Company - Captain Edwin Hull - men from Northumberland County
- 8th Company - Captain Thomas Edmunds - men from Sussex County
- 9th Company - Captain James Foster - men from unknown origin
- 10th Company - Captain George Lee Turberville - men from Westmoreland County
- Company - Captain Thomas Wills
- Company - Captain James Harris
- Retracing Our Family Legacy: 15th Virginia Regiment. Regimental history.
- "15th Virginia Regiment," Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project, http://valleyforgemusterroll.org/regiments/va15.asp, accessed 23 January 2012.
- F.B. Heitman, Historical Register of Officers of the Continental Army During the War of the Revolution, April, 1775, to December, 1783 (Washington, D.C.: W.H. Lowdermilk and Co., 1893), 54. Digitized by Internet Archive.
- E.M. Sanchez-Saavedra, A Guide to Virginia Military Organizations in the American Revolution, 1774-1787 (Richmond, Va.: Virginia State Library, 1978), 72; 15th Virginia Regiment at Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project.