12th Regiment, New Hampshire Infantry
The 12th Regiment New Hampshire Infantry was organized at Concord and mustered in on September 10, 1862. The length of service was for 2 years and 8 months. They were mustered out on the 21st of June, 1865. 
For more information about the 12th Regiment, New Hampshire Infantry and its history, see:
- The Civil War Archive section, 12th Regiment Infantry, (accessed 19 July 2012).
- Asa W. Bartlett, History of the Twelfth Regiment, New Hampshire Volunteers, in the War of the Rebellion. (Concord, New Hampshire, Ira C. Evans, 1897), Available online at Google Books, (accessed 11 Mar 2011). Also available at the Family History Library, FHL US/CAN Book 974.2 M2ba, FHL US/CAN Film 2056083 Item 10, or FHL US/CAN Fiche 6083294. Includes rosters.
- 12th New Hampshire Volunteer Infantry - from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, (accessed 11 Mar 2011).
- New Hampshire Infantry Page, (accessed 11 Mar 2011). New Hampshire Heritage
- Twelfth New Hampshire Regiment Rosters, (accessed 11 Mar 2011). This is not a complete roster.
- Company I - many men from unknown counties, probably from Belknap County and boarding towns - AGR page 239.
- Unassigned Recruits - AGR page 246.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Connecticut in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Connecticut in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Connecticut, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Footnote.com, (accessed 1 Apr 2011). (A subscription website, but is available for use at the Family History Library and some Family History Centers). It has digital Civil War soldier service records and brief regiment histories (located at the bottom of some of the muster rolls).
- Civil War in the East, (accessed 11 Mar 2011). Timeline of the 12th New Hampshire Infantry Regiment.
- The Twelfth New Hampshire Infantry, (accessed 11 Mar 2011). Chancellorsville's Forgotten Heroes
- Monument to the Twelfth New Hampshire Infantry, (accessed 11 Mar 2011). Gettysburg Stone Sentinels
- Bartlet, Asa W. History of the Twelfth regiment, New Hampshire volunteers in the war of the rebellion. (Concord, New Hampshire: I. C. Evans, printer, 1897), available online with Google Books, (accessed 28 Aug. 2012) and (Concord, New Hampshire : Ira C. Evans, 1897), FHL book 974.2 M2ba
- Lorenzo Hawkins of Company I, (accessed 11 Mar 2011). Twelfth Regiment New Hampshire Volunteers - Photograph
- New Hampshire. Adjutant General's Office. Civil War Oaths, 1861-1865. (Salt Lake City, Utah: Filmed by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 1975), Available on microfilm at the Family History Library FHL US/CAN Film 983230.
- Otis F.R. Waite, New Hampshire in the Great Rebellion, (Claremont, New Hampshire: Tracy, Chase and Co., c1991), Page 462. Available online with Google Books, (accessed 11 Mar 2011). Also found at the Family History Library, FHL US/CAN Book 974.2 M2w. This book shows a list of the field, staff and company officers, and the official record of each.
- Augustus D. Ayling, Adjutant General. Revised register of the soldiers and sailors of New Hampshire in the War of the Rebellion, 1861-1866.' (Concord, New Hampshire : Ira C. Evans, 1895), Available at the Family History Library, FHL US/CAN Book 974.2 M23nh, or FHL US/CAN Film 1697872, Item 1-2. Book contains a good summary of each New Hampshire regiment. Also contains alphabetical that list the birth place, age or enlistment, place of residence at the time of enlistment.
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010.
- Bartlet, A. W. History of the Twelfth Regiment New Hampshire Volunteers in the War of the Rebellion. Salem, Mass: Higginson Book Co, 1997, page 20.