- Some of the records of the Philippines are written in Spanish or Latin. Learn about lessons, word lists, an extraction manual, and other aids that will build your proficiency in reading records in these languages.
- Learn how to use the instructions and links of a Philippines province page on the Wiki to locate and use civil registration and Catholic church birth and marriage records.
- To use the records of the Philippines, you must know the exact town where your ancestor lived. Learn how to search for that information in family records, vital records, census records, cemetery records, obituaries, military records, Social Security records, and immigration and citizenship records.
- Learn how to use a Philippines Province page in the Wiki to locate addresses for civil registration offices, national and local archives, diocese and parish office to write for birth and marriage records. Learn to use the Letter Writing Guide for Genealogy to request records.
- For each Province of the Philippines, the Wiki has created an instructional page with all the links you need to find church records and civil registration records for that province.
- The Philippines Genealogy main page is the “gateway” to all the features of the Wiki that help with Philippines genealogy: topic articles, strategy tools, research tools, language lessons, online records, and instructional pages specific to each province.
- Learn and observe a search strategy for compiling birth and marriage records for a Philippines family.