The Family Tree app on your phone and your FamilySearch account on the website should synchronize automatically if you are connected to the Internet. If this is not happening, here are some things that you can try:
Clear the cache
- In the Family Tree mobile app, tap the three lines in the upper left corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to Advanced, and tap Clear Cache.
- Read the message carefully to be sure you want to continue. Then tap Continue.
Refresh the person
If you want to update information for one person, you can use the Refresh Person option. This option retrieves the latest updates for all sections of the Family Tree record you are currently viewing.
- In the Family Tree mobile app, navigate to an individual's person page.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Tap Refresh person (if you do not see this option in the menu, tap More).
Note: Any screen that includes a list has the option to refresh if you pull the list all the way down. This feature is called "pull to refresh" and is a common method on mobile apps.
Signing out of the app and signing back in again will usually cause the app and the website to synchronize. This assumes there is a strong wireless Internet connection available for your phone.
Uninstall the app
If you are still having trouble, you might try uninstalling the app on your phone or device, and then reinstalling it.