If you are a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, adding your Church record number to your account gives you access to features for Church members. If you did not add your number when you set up your account, you can add it later. Your ward or branch clerk can give you the number.
Steps (FamilySearch.org website)
- Sign in to https://familysearch.org/.
- In the upper right portion of the screen, click your name.
- Click Settings.
- Be sure your name, birth date, and sex show correctly. Edit them if needed. Find the question: Are you a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? and click Yes.
- Enter all 13 characters of your Church record number, including the dashes.
- Click Save Changes.
- To see the account changes, sign out, and sign back in.
Steps (ChurchofJesusChrist.org website)
If you cannot add your Church membership number from FamilySearch, try adding it from ChurchofJesusChrist.org:
- Sign in to the membership section of your Church Account.
- Enter all 13 characters of your number, including the dashes.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
Steps (mobile app)
Neither the Family Tree or Memories mobile app allows you to add your Church record number to your account. Please use the website instead.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Family Tree Lite does not allow you to add your Church record number to your account. Please use the full website instead.
"User already exists" message
If you receive the message "User already exists," it means that your Church record number is already being used on a different account. It is probably the account that you set up for use with ChurchofJesusChrist.org, Member Tools, the Gospel Library, and other Church computer products. You can only add your Church record number to one account.
Sign in to FamilySearch.org with the same username and password that you use for other Church products.