St. Johns Parish, Virginia
History[edit | edit source]
Church services are no longer held at the old building, which has been renovated, but it is available for hire for special events.
Church services are held in the new building.
Founded[edit | edit source]
Boundary[edit | edit source]
"An Act for dividing St. John's Parish, in the County of King-William" (1720) culled from Colonial Office sources at the National Archives in London, is published in:
- Chamberlayne, Churchill G. "Seven Parish Acts Heretofore Unpublished," The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 18, No. 1 (Jan. 1938):106-118. FHL Book 973 H25w; digital version at JSTOR ($).
Resources[edit | edit source]
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Colonial parish registers do not survive.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- St. John's Episcopal Church (official website)
- Historic St. John's Church. Includes photographs and history of the old building.
- St. John's Church, The Historical Marker Database. Includes photographs and brief history.