Raymond Alberta Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Raymond Alberta Family History Centre serves the Town of Raymond and the surrounding area. It is available free of charge to everyone, and our experienced staff are there to help patrons research their ancestors.
Centre Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 46 W 200 N Raymond, Alberta T0K 2S0 Canada
- The entrance to the centre is on 50 W round the corner from 200 N. There is limited parking at the back of the centre.
E-mail: AB_Raymond@familyhistorymail.org (Helen Coppieters Stake Temple and Family History Lead Consultant.)
- Monday: 9 am to 1 pm
- Tuesday: 1 pm to 5 pm
- Wednesday: 10 am to 1 pm and 6 pm to 9 pm
- Thursday: 1 pm to 9 pm
- Friday: 9 am to 1 pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed on Saturday, Sunday and Statutory Holidays
"Upcoming Events"[edit | edit source]
General Research Training is held the first Tuesday each month at the Family History Centre Starting at 7:00 pm
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Classes for 2019 (usually on the first Tuesday of the month)
Family History Center Staff:[edit | edit source]
Centre Resources[edit | edit source]
We currently hold over 3,000 microfilms, a further 3,000 microfiches and an extensive library of books covering many areas of the world.
Collections[edit | edit source]
- All microfilm are on extended loan.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- We have 17 computers with Internet access, 2 microfilm readers, I microfiche reader, as well as a microfilm and a flatbed scanner, a photocopier, and two printers. Recently we added a book scanner to our equipment list.
Centre Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
In addition to the United States and Canada, we have staff members with specialist knowledge of research in England and Wales, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latin America, The Netherlands, Portugal, Scotland, Spain, Sweden and The Ukraine, including the ability to read records in the relevant languages.
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Links[edit | edit source]
Town of Raymond Alberta: Link
Where is Raymond: Link
Volunteer at the Centre[edit | edit source]
We are currently looking for someone with experience in Japanese research.