Olympia Washington Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- Map to Olympia Family History Center Location Map
- If you are looking for a Family History Center closer to you Click Here
- 1116 Yew Ave NE Olympia WA 98507 United States
- Entrance on east side of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints building through basement door next to parking lot.
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM and
5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Thursday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours:
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 7 computers and 3 film/fiche readers.
- Free access to subscription based internet web sites, including FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Footnote, Heritage Quest, American Ancestors.org (formerly New England Historic Genealogical Society), World Vital Records, Godfrey Memorial LIbrary and other sites.
- About 600 books.
- More than 10,000 microfiche and more than 1500 rolls of microfilm. Additional films and fiche may be rented from the Family History Library.
- One copier and Two printers available.
- Genealogical software programs such as Root Magic and PAF are available.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- Using the FamilySearch Research Wiki: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.