New Hutton, Westmorland Genealogy
Guide to New Hutton, ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|New Hutton, Westmorland|
|County||Westmorland, England Genealogy|
|Poor Law Union||Kendal|
|Parish registers: 1741|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1813|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Commissary of the Archdeaconry of Richmond Western Deaneries - Kendal|
|Location of Archive|
|Westmorland Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
HUTTON, NEW, a chapelry, in the parish, union,and ward of Kendal, county of Westmorland, 4 miles(E. S. E.) from Kendal; comprising the districts orplaces of Hay and Hutton-i'-th'-Hay, and the township of New Hutton. 
New Hutton was created a chapelry by 1813 and lay within the ancient parish boundaries of Kendal.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Find Neighboring Parishes =[edit | edit source]
- Type the name of the parish in the search bar
- Click on the location pin on the map
- Choose Options from the pop up box
- Click "List Contiguous Parishes" to find the neighboring parishes
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
The Church of England (Anglican) became the official state religion in 1534, with the reigning monarch as its Supreme Governor.
Non-Conformist refers to all other religious denominations that are not the official state religion.
Church of England[edit | edit source]
Due to the increasing access of online records:
- Individual parish coverage for databases in this table are inconsistent and should be verified
- Dates in the following table are approximate
Hover over the collection's title for more information
|New Hutton Online Parish Records|
|Parish Registers - FamilySearch Catalog|
|Bishop's Transcripts - FamilySearch Catalog|
|Find My Past-Westmorland ($)|
|Ancestry-England & Wales, Birth, Christening, Marriage and Death Indexes ($)|
|Databases with Known Incomplete Parish Coverage|
|Boyd's Marriage Indexes-FMP (Free)|
|National Burial Index-FMP (Free)|
These databases have incomplete parish coverage.
- Joiner Marriage Index - Westmorland ($)
- The Genealogist Parish Registers - Westmorland ($)
- UK Websites for Parish Records - Links to online genealogical records
- Online Genealogical Index - Links to online genealogical records
- 1611-1861 Archdeaconry of Richmond, England, Church of England Marriage Bonds, 1611-1861 at Ancestry – index & images ($)
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Westmorland Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 594-598. Date accessed: 27 July 2012.