Lancaster Pennsylvania Family History Center
The Lancaster Pennsylvania Family History Center (FHC), located in Lancaster, PA, of Lancaster County with genealogy materials and services.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
FHC Contacts and Hours
Monday 10:00-12:00 pm
Tuesday 10:00 - 12:00 pm
Wednesday 6:30 - 8:00 pm
Thursday 10:00-12:00 pm
No Appointments needed
During inclement weather, call to see if the center is open
1210 E King St Lancaster Pa 17602 United States
The FHC door and doorbell will be on the far left at the back of the church building.
- Map of Lancaster
- From west or east on US 30 take the Walnut Street exit. Continue on Walnut Street (Route 23). Turn left at the 2nd traffic light onto Ranck Avenue. Cross over King Street to City Mill Road. Keep left at the Y. A short distance beyond the Y on the left is the parking lot.
- From 222 south, exit east on Route 30. Follow the directions above.
- From Quarryville, Routes 222/272 become Queen Street in Lancaster city. Turn right at the intersection with King Street (Soldiers and Sailors Monument/Marriott Hotel at this intersection) Follow King Street to City Mill Road as above.
Holiday Closings 2022:
- 7 computers
- 1 copier/scanner
- 1 microfilm reader
- 1 microfilm and fiche reader/scanner
Available at the FHC:
- Printed general and local research helps
- Some microfilm and fiche (Call with film or fiche number to see if it is available at the FHC.)
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War
- Ancestry- Institution version
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works - Library Edition
- Access Newspaper
- ProQuest Obituary Listings