Holy Trinity the Less, London Genealogy
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Trinity the Less, the church of, was situated before the fire of London, at the northeast corner of Little Trinity Lane, where a German Chapel now stands. It received the epithet "the Less" to distinguish it from the Trinity priory at Aldgate; but having been destroyed by the fire of 1666, the parish was united to that of St Michael Queenhithe, and the church was not rebuilt. See St Michael, Queenhithe.
Holy Trinity the Less Parish was part of Vintry Ward.
Holy Trinity the Less is also referred to as Trinity the Less. It is a parish in the city of London Without the Walls. Trinity the Less as well as St. Michael, Queenhythe have the patron of The Dean and Chapter of St Paul's and the Dean and Chapter of Canterbury, alternately.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day.
- See England Civil Registration for online resources and information.
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Non-Conformists (All other Religions)[edit | edit source]
- 1717 England & Wales, Roman Catholics, 1717 at Findmypast ($), index and images (coverage may vary)
Census records[edit | edit source]
1582 Subsidy[edit | edit source]
- 1582 London Subsidy Roll, Queenhithe Ward - Trynytie Parocheat British History Online
- 1582 London Subsidy Roll, Vintry Ward - Trinitie Parisheat British History Online
1638 Inhabitants List[edit | edit source]
| This section requires expansion with:
any unique information, such as the census for X year was destroyed.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to London Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Contributor: Add information about the pertinent poor law unions in the area.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Websites[edit | edit source]
- London Family History Centre Catalogue
- Society of Genealogists Library Catalogue (to narrow results, conduct a subject search for 'London Holy Trinity the Less')