Faribault Minnesota Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 1002 17th St SW, Faribault, MN 55201-5520
- Language: English
- Wednesday: 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Friday: 10:00am - 2:00 pm
- Call 507-663-0212 for appointment other than above times.
Closed all major holidays.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- Family History Center Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- 19th Centry British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War
- ArkivDigital Online - Swedish Genealogy
- Fold3.com (previously known as Footnote.com)
- The Genealogist
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- computer, microfilm reader, printer
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Family Tree [edit | edit source]
FREE Online Genealogy Forms and Training[edit | edit source]
Online Forms[edit | edit source]
Online FamilySearch Training Videos[edit | edit source]
Online Research Training Videos[edit | edit source]
- Wiki Wizard Videos Wiki Page - Five minute videos on how to use the Research Wiki and how to use it for genealogical research. Also includes research video series for the following:
- Czech Republic
- Puerto Rico
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Provide 1-on-1 family history training, assistance and support
Offer Family History classes
Provide other family history resources and materials
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Resources Outside Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- Using the FamilySearch Research Wiki: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
National Links[edit | edit source]
Other Family History and Library Centers and Resources[edit | edit source]
Family Search Blog[edit | edit source]
A terrific resource to keep up on what is going on and available in Family Search FamilySearch Blog
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
Would you like to learn more about Family History? Those who serve always learn the most!