El Salvador Genealogy
Guide to El Salvador ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, parish registers, and military records.
|El Salvador Wiki Topics|
|El Salvador Background|
|Local Research Resources|
Country Information[edit | edit source]
El Salvador is a country in Central America bordered by Guatemala and Honduras. It was formerly a colony of Spain. The official language is Spanish. El Salvador is the only Central American country that has no access to the Caribbean Sea. The Pan American Highway runs thru this country.
Getting Started[edit | edit source]
Getting Started with El Salvador Research
Links to articles on getting started with El Salvador research.
El Salvador Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in El Salvador research.
El Salvador Map[edit | edit source]
Departments[edit | edit source]
Department names and abbreviations for the 14 Salvadoran Departments:
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
FamilySearch Resources[edit | edit source]
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in searching for your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Online Indexed Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
Research Tutorials[edit | edit source]
- Search page
- Introduction to Hispanic Research
- U.S. Hispanic Immigration
- U.S. Hispanic Immigrants: Finding their Place of Origin
- Improve your Search Results in FamilySearch Hispanic Records
- Deciphering Spanish Handwriting
Other Resources[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, "Spain," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spain, accessed 24 March 2016.