Dettingen Parish, Virginia
History[edit | edit source]
Dettingen Parish has served Fauquier and Prince William counties. Quantico Church and Broad Run Church (also known as "Slaty Run Church" and "the church at Redmans") belonged to this parish.
Founded[edit | edit source]
Resources[edit | edit source]
Cemetery[edit | edit source]
List of Ministers[edit | edit source]
- List of Rectors of Dettingen Parish 1745-1978, The Newsletter of the Prince William County Genealogical Society, Vol. 6, No. 4 (Oct. 1987):32-33. FHL Collection
Parish History[edit | edit source]
Parish Records[edit | edit source]
"A list of tithables between Sedderrun [sic] (Cedar Run) and Boolrun [sic] (Bull Run) in Ditingin[sic] (Dettingen) Parish in Prince William County for 1747" See Prince William "Taxation" entry in this catalogue 
Parish Registers[edit | edit source]
Colonial parish registers have been lost.
- "Dettingen Parish, Prince William County, Virginia, Dumfries Church Register, 1815-1824," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 30, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1986):90-98. Digital version at American Ancestors by NEHGS ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 26 (1982). Includes register of communicants and baptisms.
- Dettingen Parish Register of Marriages, Magazine of Virginia Genealogy, Vol. 24, No. 1 (Feb. 1986):84.
Vestry Books[edit | edit source]
- Records of Dettingen Parish, Prince William County, Virginia: Vestry Book, 1745-1785, Minutes of Meetings of the Overseers of the Poor, 1788-1802, Indentures, 1749-1782. Dumfries, Va.: Historic Dumfries Virginia, Inc., 1976.
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- Ronald Ray Turner, Prince William County, Virginia, Burial Index, 1800-1993 (Manassas, Va.: R.R. Turner, c1994).
- William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- Margaret B. Binning, "Birth Records of Prince William County, Virginia Prior to 1912 (From Various Sources Except the Official Register)," available online, courtesy: RELIC.