Connecticut, United States Genealogy
|Connecticut Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Connecticut ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, and military records.
Connecticut Information[edit | edit source]
Connecticut became the fifth state admitted to the United States in January 9, 1788. Connecticut was created from Connecticut Territory and is located in the northeast region of the United States. The capital is Hartford and there are 8 counties in Connecticut. 
Getting Started[edit | edit source]
Getting Started with Connecticut Research
Links to articles on getting started with Connecticut research.
Connecticut Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Connecticut research.
Connecticut Clickable Map[edit | edit source]
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Counties[edit | edit source]
County Government 1666-1960: Connecticut was the second state in the union to establish county government in 1666; and the first to abolish it in 1960. See County government in Connecticut, its history and demise : the development, decline, and abolition of Connecticut's 294-year-old county governments and the transfer of their functions, property, and employees to the State by Rosaline Levenson and The Connecticut county; a description of its organization, function and relationship with other governmental units, by Henry J. Faeth.
Connecticut Migration Routes[edit | edit source]
FamilySearch Resources[edit | edit source]
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
Additional Resources[edit | edit source]
- Connecticut Index
- Cyndi's List - Connecticut genealogy sites on the internet
- Connecticut Genealogy Trails - Collection of transcribed data for the state of Connecticut
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Connecticut
- The Ancestor Hunt - Resources for Connecticut genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Connecticut
- Connecticut Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- Every Name Index
References[edit | edit source]
- Wikipedia contributors, "Connecticut" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connecticut (accessed 15 March 2016).
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 1 Nov 2016.