Arkansas Probate Records
|Arkansas Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Online Resources[edit | edit source]
- 1783–1998 Arkansas Wills and Probate Records 1783-1998 at Ancestry — index and images ($)
- 1817–1979 Arkansas Probate Records 1817-1979 at FamilySearch; images - How to Use this Collection
- Arkansas, Wills and Probate Records, 1818-1998 at Ancestry ($), index and images, incomplete.
- Arkansas Probate Records, 1817-1879 at FamilySearch; images.
History[edit | edit source]
Probate records of Arkansas have been kept by the Chancery courts at the county level. The records include case papers settlements. See Arkansas Court Records for more detail.
Availability[edit | edit source]
You can obtain copies of the original records by contacting the clerk's office in the appropriate county courthouse.
A statewide index to Arkansas wills is available:
- Stevenson, Mrs. James H. and Mrs. Edward L. Westbrooke. Index to Wills and Administrations of Arkansas from the Earliest to 1900. Jonesboro, Ark.: Vowels Printing Company, 1986. FHL Book 976.7 P22st, Fiche 6050936.
The Family History Library has microfilm copies of many Arkansas probate records.
- Arkansas Probate Records (information only) by Genealogy Inc.