Managing Pop-Ups in COMMON BROWSERS.
For additional information about managing pop-up blockers, a search of the internet can provide the answers you need.
- Visit the help page for instructions about managing pop-ups in Microsoft Edge.
- Visit the help page for instructions about managing pop-ups in Firefox.
- Visit the help page for instructions about managing pop-ups in Google Chrome.
Safari for Mac computers (Safari for Windows is not supported)
- From the Safari Menu Bar, click the Safari button.
- Click Preferences.
- At the top, click Websites.
- Under General, click Pop-up Windows
- To allow pop-ups, click the box next to When visiting other websites.
- Select Allow or Block and Notify
For information on browsers supported by FamilySearch, see Which internet browsers are compatible?
- FamilySearch no longer supports any version of Internet Explorer.
- If you do not use a toolbar, the best option is to uninstall it. Click Start, then Control Panel, and then Add or Remove Programs. Select the toolbar from the list, and remove it.
- If you are unsure whether you have a pop-up blocker installed, one way to test is to navigate to http://www.popuptest.com and click Multi Pop-Up Test. Ten pop-up windows open. If the windows do not open, you either have something blocking the pop-ups or an issue with Java.