How do we request, relocate, or close a FamilySearch center?

To request a new FamilySearch center, to relocate an existing center, or to close a center, submit a completed request form to The form needs signatures of the stake president, local facilities manager, and area temple and family history adviser.

Authorized centers receive a Church unit number separate from the stake unit number and a Certificate of License. The Family History Department specifies the type and quantity of furnishings and equipment for authorized centers.

What is the procedure for closing or relocating a FamilySearch center?
FamilySearch Center Operations Guide

Was this helpful?