Before You Start
- Only multifunction Lexmark printers with an X in the model name can use the FamilySearch scan application. These printers have a scanner on the top of the machine.
- We suggest you have all of the documents or photos you want to scan nearby since the system times out after 2 minutes and returns to the home screen. If the system times out, you can sign in again to continue.
- The scan icon scans each page of a multiple page document individually. The tool cannot link the pages together as 1 document. If you want to upload a multiple page document, it is best to upload as a PDF file directly to FamilySearch instead.
- On the Lexmark multifunction printer screen, tap Scan to FamilySearch.
- Enter your uername and password, and tap Log In.
- Tap the type of material you want to scan: Document or Photo—Color.
- If you see an Upload Agreement screen, read the agreement, and then tap Agree.
- Place the photo or document on the scanner glass (do not use the automated document feeder for photos), and tap Scan.
- An upload status screen appears, with the option to scan more documents or photos. If you want to scan more, tap Scan More.
- When you finish, tap Log off or the Home button.
If you log off when the upload is not complete, the upload continues.
Recommended Next Steps
To view the photos or documents you scanned, use the steps below:
- Sign in to FamilySearch.
- In the Memories menu, click Gallery.