You can delete messages from your FamilySearch Messages inbox. After you delete a message, we cannot retrieve it.
You can also mute or block someone from messaging you. See the Related Articles list at the end of this article.
- Sign in to FamilySearch, click Messages. Click Show all messages.
- Click the check box of each message that you want to delete. To delete all of them, click Select All. To delete an entire conversation from your history, click the check box beside the conversation in the list to the left.
- Click the Trash Can.
- In the dialogue box, click continue.
Steps (mobile app)
- In the Family Tree mobile app:
- Android: In the top-left corner, tap the 3 lines.
- Apple iOS: In the bottom-right corner, tap More.
- Tap Messages.
- Select the conversation you would like to delete.
- In the top-right corner, tap the 3 dots.
- Tap Delete Conversation.
- Tap Yes or Delete.
Steps (Family Tree Lite)
Messages are not available on Family Tree Lite. To manage your messages, visit the full website.
How do I mute or block someone from messaging me?
How do I use FamilySearch Messages?
How do I report abuse, spam, inappropriate memories, and other content?
What are the rules for discussions and messages?