How do I correct or edit a place in FamilySearch Places?

Thank you for taking the time to improve our place information. We value your submission and will review it carefully.

Steps (website)

  1. Begin at FamilySearch Places.
  2. In the search box, enter the place that interests you.
  3. Click the appropriate search result.
  4. On the right-hand side of the screen, below the map, click Improve This Place.
    • To see the link for Improve This Place, make sure that you are signed in.
  5. A box appears with the title "Suggest an Improvement."
    1. Use the drop-down menu to identify what is incorrect or incomplete with the current entry.
    2. Enter a brief description of what needs to be changed or added.
    3. If possible, enter the URL of a website that can be used to validate the new information.
    4. Enter your email, in case more information is needed.
  6. Click Submit.

Steps (mobile app)

Please use a browser to suggest and correct standardized places.

Steps (Family Tree Lite)

Please use the main FamilySearch website to suggest and correct standardized places.

Was this helpful?