Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can add their Church record number to their FamilySearch account. Accounts connected to a Church record number have access to features for Church members. If you did not add your number when you set up your account, you can add it later. Your ward or branch clerk can give you the number. The number is also available in the Member Tools app.
Steps (FamilySearch.org website)
- Sign in to https://familysearch.org/.
- In the upper right portion of the screen, click your name.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Account tab.
- Add your Church record number to your account:
- Near the bottom of the screen, click Add Church Record Number.
- Enter information:
- First and last name
- Birth date
- Any leading zeros as part of the 11 digit Church record number. The dashes are not required.
- Click Save.
- Sign out, and sign back in.
If you receive an error message indicating the number or your birth date is incorrect, it is likely that you entered either or both incorrectly. Please double-check your entries and try again.
Steps (ChurchofJesusChrist.org website)
- Sign in to https://ChurchofJesusChrist.org.
- In the top right portion of the screen, click your photo or icon.
- Click Account Settings.
- On the right, click Membership.
- Enter all 13 characters of your number, including the dashes.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
After you add your record number, sign in to FamilySearch.org from the Sign in with Church Account feature on the home page.
"User already exists" message
The message "It looks like you already have a member account" means that your Church record number is added to an existing account. You probably set up the account to use other Church computer products. You can only add your Church record number to one account.
Sign in to FamilySearch.org with the same username and password that you use for other Church products.
Where can I find my Church record number?
I forgot my Familysearch password or username
When I try to add my Church record number to my account, I get a message that my Church record number is already in use