You can use the beta version of FamilySearch as a sandbox or learning place. You can experiment, learn, and teach about FamilySearch Family Tree without having to use real data. The changes you make on beta Family Tree do not synchronize with the live FamilySearch Family Tree.
Before you start
As you use the beta site, please be aware of the following:
- FamilySearch Support does not support the beta site.
- To see if you are on the beta site, look at the FamilySearch logo in the top left. Small words "Beta" appear above the logo.
The beta site also has some limitations:
- The beta site is designed for the FamilySearch engineers to use as they work on updates to the production website. Things do not always look the same there as on the original website.
- Sometimes the beta site is down. If you get an Internal Server Error, please try again later.
- The beta site can be slow, depending on work the engineers are doing.
- The data on the beta version of Family Tree does not always match what you see on the live version. The beta version shows a snapshot of tree data at a specific time. The beta site is not meant to be an accurate or up-to-date representation of FamilySearch Family Tree.
- Go to the beta version of the FamilySearch website.
- Sign in with the same username and password you use on FamilySearch.