Types of donations we accept:
- Family histories (well organized, and includes a title, author, and publication date)
- Published genealogical books
- Published historical books such as local and county histories
- Indexes and transcriptions of records in book format
- Journals (over 70 years old)
- Family Bibles containing genealogical information
- Autobiographies and biographies
How to donate:
1. Carefully review the FamilySearch Gifts and Donations Policy for guidelines and how to send literary donations to the Family History Library.
2. Fill out the following forms:
The Family History Library is now accepting applications for potential volunteers!
The Library offers many volunteer opportunities; click here to view descriptions of the various volunteer types, to see specific current needs, and to fill out a volunteer application.
Questions? Feel free to email us with questions about volunteering at FHLvolunteers@familysearch.org
Other Ways to Volunteer
Want to volunteer more unofficially? You are welcome to volunteer in the following ways at any time:
Make a Donation
Donate to help support FamilySearch’s efforts to preserve records and documents, including image capture, digital conversion, and preservation.
Learn how to donate money, property, or equipment