Eat What They Ate
Eating the same foods your ancestors ate is a great way to connect with them and to experience in one small way what their life was like.
- Make your favorite meal. What about this meal makes it your favorite? Do you know your family members’ favorite meals?
- Cook a favorite family recipe. Talk about the story behind the recipe: where it came from, why it is part of your family story, and how and when you enjoy it.
- Eat a favorite food of one of your ancestors or a food from a place your ancestor is from. Consider eating an ancestor‘s favorite food on his or her birthday.
- Who is the oldest person in your family? Ask him or her if he or she has any family recipes to share.
- Take a picture of the meal you made (your own or your ancestor’s) and put the photo and recipe on FamilySearch as a Memory.
Nice! You Did It!
What did you think about this activity?