Do you know the story behind your name? Knowing about your name can help give you a sense of identity. Names also connect us to our ancestors.
- Ask a parent about the story of how you got your name.
- What do you want your name to stand for? What do you want people to think of when they hear your name?
- Talk with your family about your family’s name. Where does it come from? What legacy do you want it to have?
- Ask a parent or grandparent if any of your ancestors share your name.
- Find out what your name means and how many other people share your names.
- Log on to FamilySearch to see if any of your ancestors share your names. What can you learn about these ancestors?
Nice! You Did It!
What did you think about this activity?