When was the last time you posted a photo on Facebook or Instagram?
Using Memories, you can preserve and share your Instagram and Facebook photos directly to FamilySearch. This integration makes it is easy to choose which photos from these social networks you’d like to link to people in Family Tree and preserve for future generations—a more permanent way to leave a photo legacy.
How to Import Photos to FamilySearch
- Sign in to FamilySearch.org.
- Select Memories in the top navigation.
- Choose Gallery.
- Click the green plus icon.
- Select Instagram or Facebook.
- Enter your username and password for the site you chose.
- Authorize that site to access your information in FamilySearch.org.
- In the window that appears, select the pictures you would like to import, and click Import.
This integration with Facebook and Instagram makes it that much easier to organize and preserve your important family photos.
Please be aware that you might encounter problems with this feature in the Edge and Internet Explorer 11 browsers due to the trusted site settings. Try adding FamilySearch.org to your trusted sites list or use another browser.