When you attach or detach a memory (photo, story, document, or audio file) for a person in Family Tree, you can add a reason statement to whatever you’ve added. A reason statement helps explain why you are attaching or detaching the item. Sometimes this helps provide a useful historical perspective to the memory being added.
When you view a page that shows a photograph and the names of the people in the photo are attached to people in Family Tree, more than just the names of the people are displayed. Now some of the personal information from Family Tree is also displayed for each person in the photo.
If a memory (photo, story, document, or audio file) already has a reason statement and you attach or detach the item, you will be prompted to add a reason statement for the new action. These reason statements will be tracked and can be viewed in the change log.
Memories Verification Screen
When you are attaching a memory (photo, story, document, or audio file) to a person in Family Tree, you can search for the person by name and personal information or by their Personal Identification Number (PID number).
When you search by PID number, the system now presents a verification screen that will allow you to see if the person whose PID number you entered is in fact the person in the tree who you really want to attach the memory to.
In the Memories feature of Family Tree, on the People page, filters help you more easily locate photos and other memory items.
- Click the Added by: ME filter to see the people for whom you have added a memory.
- Click the Added by: TREE filter to see all the people in Family Tree for whom someone has attached a memory and who are your ancestors and their families in the four generations above you on Family Tree.
- Click the Added by: ALL filter to see all the people about whom you have added memories and all the people who have memories attached and who are your ancestors and their families in the four generations above you on Family Tree.
Latest posts by Jeff Hawkins (see all)
- Teach Others About Their Ancestors Using Updated Functionality on the Memories Page - October 19, 2014
- Changes to Memories Are Now Included in the List of Latest Changes - October 2, 2014
- The Old Family History Library Catalog Is No Longer Available - September 18, 2014