If you don’t have a strategy to follow, analyzing old family photographs can be a long, tedious, and sometimes frustrating process. However, with a little information and close examination, family photographs can lead to discovering new information about your ancestors. In her presentation at RootsTech 2016, photo historian Maureen Taylor shared five important steps that will help you take a photo from unknown to part of your family story:
- Study the clues in the picture.
- Unravel the caption.
- Connect to cousins using social media.
- Research the clues.
- Spread the word.
“Family photos are powerful,” said Taylor. “Each one of your family photographs tells a story, and each one of your family photographs can be just as powerful to you and to your family history.”
Listen to Maureen Taylor’s presentation here:
↑ click here to listen
You may also like:
Latest posts by Tyler S. Stahle (see all)
- #NotAtRootsTech 2017? Here’s How to Participate Virtually - January 31, 2017
- Watch RootsTech 2017 Keynotes Live on RootsTech.org - January 31, 2017
- 16 Classes about DNA Research at RootsTech 2017 - January 27, 2017