The My Family: Stories That Bring Us Together booklet is a great resource for starting your family tree, and preparing names to take to the temple. Capture and preserve family information like names, dates, photos, and precious family stories, and then determine which of your ancestors need temple ordinances.
- Start with the online version, or order a printed copy of the booklet.
- Add what information you already know about your immediate family.
- Call your parents, grandparents, and other family members to ask them what they know.
- If you’re using the printed booklet, transfer the information from your booklet to the online version. Doing this will start building and expanding your own family tree.
- As you extend the branches of your family tree, look for green temple icons that indicate potential temple opportunities.
- Reserve and submit these temple opportunities by clicking on the green temple icon and completing the subsequent steps.