Are you hosting a family discovery day and looking into printing customized posters, fliers, and other materials? Are you looking for materials that will help you engage and teach Church members and community members with family history? Problem solved! You can order support materials from two places: BYU Print Services and Store.LDS.org.
Materials available on this site are customizable and printed after you order them. Here you can create materials unique to your center or stake. If you find that the above link goes to a blank page, try to open the page in Firefox or Chrome. If you are using Explorer make sure you are using the most current version. Copy the address in the address box of your browser window and then paste it into a Chrome or Firebox browser page. The entire page can be accessed in 10 languages by clicking in the language selection box near the top right of the page.
- Most discovery day materials can be printed in 10 languages. Colors and images are customizable for your area. Contact and calendar information for your event can be selected and printed on your choice of materials. You can also customize the color palette and photograph used on your materials. All items can be shipped globally at reduced rates.
- In the coming months, more support materials and languages will be added to the family history center portion of this site. Watch for updates!
- My Family: Stories That Bring Us Together—This easy-to-use booklet guides you through the process of gathering your family stories and photos and can help people gather and prepare family names to add to Family Tree. It can also be used to teach Church members how to have their own experience in finding and taking family names to the temple. The booklet can be ordered in 32 languages. For more information about how to use this important booklet, click here.
- Family History: Get Started Now—This trifold brochure with space for a four-generation family tree and a panel for photos or stories is ideal for those who are interested in building a family tree without temple ordinance information. It can be ordered in 32 languages and customized through BYU Print Services for images and colors that reflect your local needs. You can add your family history center contact information as well. Some directors find that these brochures are economical enough that they distribute them to public libraries, societies, and other places of interest within the community.
- Family History Coloring Book—Starting in May of 2015, the new Family History coloring book will also be available in English and other supported languages will be available in June. This is a great tool for inviting even the youngest children in your area to have a family history experience while visiting your center. Each page contains both a picture or activity, teaching about the importance of family history and a follow up activity they can do at home or while they are visiting your Family History Center.